Hate to See Your Heart Break

July 21, 2018


Have you ever felt extremely helpless. Knowing that a friend of yours whom is so so dear to you is sad but you can't do anything to make them any better. And while they're talking to you and telling you their past and their sadness, you can't do anything but listen. And in that moment, I knew. I knew I loved you and cared for you. You were someone I would never want to see cry like that ever again. Someone I'd want to see smiling for as long and as much as you can. I never want to see you sad. I never want to see anything but a smile etched on your face. I could feel your pain and it is not something I'd want anyone to feel. And in that sadness I knew, I knew you were one of those people that I could reach depth with and at the same time someone who would always make me happy. And isn't that something we all hope for? What else could I ask for from someone? It is perhaps unfair. Unfair that things have turned out the way it has now. Not to you, no. But I find it unfair. Always meeting people and walking together with them in parallel lines, but never meeting at the same end point. Your happiness means the world to me and if that is what makes you happy, then by God, that will make me happy too. You've never showed your weakest side to anyone except a few. I don't know what I've done to have the privilege to see your sorrow. To see your scars. To see the side of you that's broken. But somehow these cracks in you are beautiful. They made you, you. And this side of you that I've had the privilege to see and share things with, is beautiful. Twice you've shared your brokenness with me. And twice I've seen nothing but maturity. You are indeed the nicest person I've ever met and I don't know what I've done to ever deserve someone like you in my life. You've been nothing but strong. Always making others laugh and making others happy. But they don't know you. They don't know what you feel. They don't know your sorrow. And that is more the reason why I feel like I want to shelter you. With all my heart, I want nothing but happiness for you. I wish for that smile to be forever etched on your face. Thank you. Thank you for trusting me. 
I've seen your sorrow, I've seen your scars, I've seen the side of you that's broken. And these cracks in you are beautiful, because they've made you, you. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts